Thursday, March 5, 2009

Welcome!





Hi Everyone! Welcome to my very first blog! I enjoy all aspects of the quiltmaking process but I have recently started to do my quilting on a longarm. I am interested in sharing my quilting passion with other avid quilters! I especially like making quilts for kids. I usually try different techniques on crib or kid size quilts and donate these quilts to charities or to kids I know.

What got me started in all of this was a way to make a tribute to my "niece" Melissa. She is the daughter of my good friends Bruce and Susan and she called me "Aunt Lisa". This is a picture of Melissa. She died on April 3,1993 - just shy of her 3rd birthday. She loved her blanket that she called her "rah rah" and it was with her all the time! I am sure it comforted her during her illness. I would like to bring that comfort to other kids in her memory. Hense, that is how Rah Rah Quilts started.

Here are 2 of the quilts that I have donated to the Melissa Hess Longe Memorial Foundation in memory of this sweet little girl! This organization was established in her name to help raise money for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital hoping to find a cure for childhood cancers. I will eventually be making a website for my longarm services but thought I would start here first with my charity work!

Please be patient with me as I learn how to blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment